HB Strip Blast Cleaning System
18 weeks +
Cleaning, Corrosion Removal, Rust and Heat Scale Removal
Reliable and economical operation resulting in a high degree of surface cleanliness
Blast cleaning and surface qualities up to Sa 2 - Sa 2.5
High overall efficiency and reliability, low space requirements
Easy adaptation to strip width
- Blast wheel arrangement and concept ensures maximum exploitation of blasting energy and intensity and prevents from blasting interferences
- Efficient abrasive blow-off, maximum abrasive cleaning and recovery, efficient dust collection
- High wear-resistant execution of parts subject to wear
- Continuous further development ensures application of latest technology
- High performance mechanical descaling of steel strip (stainless and silicon steel, low carbon, titanium) integrated in highly sophisticated continuous production lines
- Type series ranging up to strip widths of 600 mm / 1650 mm / 2100 mm
- Modular concept meeting production requirements
Descaling of Narrow-, Medium-, and Wide Steel Strip
During the different processing phases, Wheelabrator blast cleaning systems can be adjusted to fit specification. The adjustment will be made by regulating the abrasive throughput rate, by varying the abrasive throwing speed or the breadth of abrasive impingement. This guarantees maximum power utilisation, and the most efficient use of resources.
Specific surface finish requirements can be met by operating several machine modules in sequence. Cold-rolled steel strip can pass through the system without blast cleaning.
Machine design and mode of operation
The machines consist of self-contained and can be installed with or without foundation pit.
Structural features and sub-assemblies:
- Blast cleaning cabin made of hard manganese steel: Four blast wheels for each module, two for the upper side and two for the underside of the strip. Rubberised rollers located at the entry and exit sides of the blast cleaning cabin serve to support the strip
- Abrasive removal device: After each blast cleaning cabinet, a compressed air blower removes abrasive residue from the upper side of the strip and returns it to the abrasive circulation system for re-use
- Abrasive return and reconditioning system with pneumatic separator: A pneumatic separator cleans the circulating abrasive. Aligned to consumption, new abrasive is supplied. As a result, the operating mix and blast power are constantly maintained
- Dust extraction system: Blast cleaning and abrasive removal cabinet, circulatory system and separators are connected to the dust collection system
Horizontal Medium- and Wide Strip Blast Cleaning
Horizontal Narrow Strip Blast Cleaning Systems
Safe operation, simple maintenance
The design concept of the blast cleaning system transports the strip without damaging the surface. Thorough abrasive cleaning and complete dust extraction render the strips leaving the machine cleaned. Simple, but highly effective sealing elements prevent stray abrasive from interfering with the machine operation.
Large service doors and the special structure configuration permit easy access for inspection and maintenance work. All blast wheels are easily accessible for periodic check-ups and replacement of wear parts or sub-assemblies. Components with close tolerance allow fast removal and installation of spare parts.
Original spare and wear parts of Wheelabrator materials and workmanship are recommended to keep the blast cleaning system in perfect operating condition. The blast cleaning system can be run without operator attendance and only requires periodic inspection.
Savings in production cost
Integration in existing production lines is possible without major modification work. Optimum utilisation of the blast cleaning power covering the whole width of the strip helps to obtain a high degree of cleanliness after processing and can significantly reduce final pickling costs.
HB Strip Descaling Machine Animation
Watch the 3D animation here
The blast wheel is the heart of the blasting machine, as the choice of blast wheel determines the power output and the economics.
This machine is fitted with Universal shot blast wheels as standard. The Wheels are highly flexible, compact and have rotation in both directions. They provide perfect blast cleaning results and highly convenient servicing features.
The U Blast Wheels are high capacity blast wheels with maximum energy efficiency. Their rugged design means that maintenance is easy, and the special and highly wear resistant cast alloy liners ensure minimum wear and maximum service life of the blast wheel.
|Medium-/Wide strip machines
|Strip widths (mm)||600-1600||1550-2100|
|Speed of passage (m/min*)||20||15|
|Number of blast wheels||4||4|
|Power per blast wheel (kW)||90||90|
|Abrasive throughput rate / wheel (kg/min)||1200||1200|
* Exact speed referring to specific strip material, strip widths, type of scale, and surface finish will be indicated upon request.
|Narrow strip machines
|Strip widths (mm)||600|
|Number of blast wheels||4|
|Power per blast wheel (kW)||45|
|Abrasive throughput rate / wheel (kg/min)||550|
We provide high quality, long lasting replacement parts.
As the largest distributor of replacement parts in the industry we can deliver globally in the shortest timescales to prevent you having to have a large inventory stock on site or breaks in production.
We will continually inform you of the latest technology upgrades so that you can decide whether you want to have the latest technology added to your maintenance for optimum life.